Quick Setup Guide:Create an email address using the @PolariMail.net domain
Here is our quick guide to help you set up a new email address using our domain @polarismail.net. This guide applies for both Basic or Enhanced email hosting services.
Hi and welcome to PolarisMail!
To setup your new email accounts, follow these steps to create the email address and access your mailbox using our Webmail. You will also find steps to add the email account to your preferred email application on desktop, smartphone or tablet (Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Android Mail, etc.).
Step 0: Sign up
The first step is to sign up for a PolarisMail email hosting service and add the necessary number of accounts, Basic or Enhanced to your subscription, using the Billing Panel.
Step 1: CreatE a new E-mail Address
To add a new e-mail account:
1. Login to the Admin Control Panel with your Admin username (the one you used at Step 0 when you signed up).
2. In the Users tab, from the dropdown Select Domain, select the domain polarismail.net and click the New button.
3. A new pop-up window will show where you can fill in the email address details:
- Account Type: choose Basic or Enhanced, depending on what type of mailbox you have added to your subscription at Step 0.
- User name : your desired email address (before “@” sign; we will check for availability). You can use your name, for example – letters, numbers and dots are allowed; special characters are not accepted.
- Domain: choose polarismail.net from the drop-down
- Password : must be a strong password; minimum 8 characters and must include at least one lower case, one upper case character, one number and one symbol. You can generate a random password by clicking on the New button under the Password text – don’t forget to Copy you new password to clipboard.
- Name of User : your full name
- Quota : the size of the mailbox, in GB; you can type in any value between 0.1 and 100. The size must be lower than the available storage space.
You can also add optional settings for your new email address by clicking on More Options link.
- Language: the default is English.
- 2Factor Auth: if you allow a second layer of authentication, called Two Factor Authentication, for this email account – the default is Allowed.
- Localization: the default timezone for this email account.
- Date Format: the default format for dates.
4. Finish adding this new email account by clicking the Add User button.
That’s it, you’re new e-mail address is ready to use!
Step 2: SEND YOUR FIRST E-MAIL
Now that you have setup your e-mail address, you can start using it with your favorite Internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) by accessing the Webmail. The Webmail doesn’t need additional setup and you can access it from any computer, smartphone or tablet, without installing other applications.
Webmail link: webmail.polarismail.net
Username: your full email address (the username followed by the domain from Step 1)
Password: your email address password (from Step 1)
Switching to a new e-mail provider can be intimidating. That’s why our Support Team is here to answer your questions.
To setup your new mailbox you can browse our FAQs and Wiki guide or you can talk to our Support Team through chat or ticketing system. Also, our Support Team can help you move your previous mailbox, contacts and calendar to your new one.